WHY WE ASK YOU TO SHARE PERSONAL DATA
We ask you to share your personal data with us for purposes including, but not limited to:
- Activating or registering certain services or enhancing functionality;
- Receiving information about ESC Digital Media Limited services;
- Participating in ESC Digital Media Limited online communities, including our social media channels/pages and blogs;
- Storing your preferences for future interactions and communications from ESC Digital Media Limited;
- Helping us to develop products and create campaigns that are designed around you, optimise customer services and continuously improve our websites;
- Helping us to improve ESC Digital Media Limited services, and allowing ESC Digital Media Limited to keep you informed of, or involve you in testing of, new products and services;
- Resolving consumer and/or product issues;
- Receiving personalised messages, special offers and advertisements that are relevant to your personal interests, based on the information you have shared with us and on the information we have collected through cookies or similar techniques regarding your use of the ESC Digital Media Limited websites/social media/blogs.
We generally process your personal data only for those purposes that we have communicated with you. If we use it for other (closely related) purposes, additional data protection measures will be implemented if required by law.
TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT
When you interact with ESC Digital Media Limited, for instance by interacting with ESC Digital Media Limited via our ESC Digital Media Limited Pages (example; “like us on Facebook”), we may ask for or receive certain data, such as:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your social media profile;
- Your gender;
- Your age;
- Information about the products you’ve purchased;
- Your usage of and activities on our ESC Digital Media Limited Pages;
- Your interests; and
- Other information related to your online behavior.
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites and your settings on our ESC Digital Media Limited Pages, certain personal data may be shared with ESC Digital Media Limited about your online activities and social media profiles (example; interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments you have posted etc.).
In addition, we may collect personal data via cookies or similar techniques, including, but not limited to:
- Your IP address;
- Your cookie ID;
- Your web browser;
- Your location;
- The web pages you visit on our websites;
- The advertisements you’ve viewed or clicked through;
DIFFERENT WAYS WE MAY COLLECT
You can share your personal data with ESC Digital Media Limited in several ways, including, but not limited to:
- Registering as a member of ESC Digital Media Limited ;
- Registering a purchase;
- Your communications with ESC Digital Media Limited. These can be product or service related, and may include the contents of your questions to us, or requests you addressed to us;
- Communicating with one of our ESC Digital Media Limited Customer Care representatives by email or phone or in writing;
- Ordering a product;
- Participating in a promotion, game or competition;
- Participating in a social media activity related to a ESC Digital Media Limited promotion (example; clicking “like” or “share”);
- Asking to receive messages on your mobile phone/device;
- Subscribing to a ESC Digital Media Limited newsletter;
- Voluntarily participating in product testing or surveys;
- Social sign-on (using your Facebook or LinkedIn credentials, for example, to create an account or log on);
- When using ESC Digital Media Limited connected services and/or Apps, you may be asked whether you wish to share data with ESC Digital Media Limited (example; share your usage data or your location data);
- Cookies placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit our websites;
- Social Listening: ESC Digital Media Limited may search the Internet for relevant and publicly available content and use it to improve its products or services, resolve consumer issues and provide targeted marketing.
ESC Digital Media Limited may also obtain your personal data if you are a customer of a ESC Digital Media Limited partner. Personal data may also reach us when we purchase another company of which you are a customer.
If you do not want ESC Digital Media Limited to use your personal data that has not been provided by you, you may let us know at any time by contacting us at: email@example.com
SHARING YOUR PERSONLA DATA WITH OTHERS
We may share your personal data with service providers, business partners and other third parties, in accordance with applicable law.
For example, ESC Digital Media Limited may sell you a product or offer you a service in a joint marketing effort with another company (Business Partner). We will let you know that such a relationship exists and who these companies are prior to processing your data for such joint marketing efforts.
If we are required by law to obtain your consent, or otherwise believe that your consent is appropriate in the circumstances, we will obtain your consent before we share your personal data.
The agreements with these Business Partners will limit the purposes for which your personal data can be used and disclosed, and will require your personal data to be adequately safeguarded.
From time to time, ESC Digital Media Limited may sell a business or a part of a business to another company. Such a transfer of ownership could include the transfer of your personal data directly related to that business to the purchasing company.
Once you have provided us with your personal data, you have reasonable access to that information so that you can update, modify or, if legally possible, delete it. You may make these requests regarding your personal data by contacting ESC Digital Media Limited at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will also be provided with an opt-out opportunity when necessary and we will comply with any local legislation. We encourage you to keep your personal settings and personal data complete and current.
We want to know you better so we can serve you better while at the same time respecting your choices about how we use your personal data.
Your personal data may be transferred from your home country to other ESC Digital Media Limited companies, in different locations around the world, which may communicate with you about ESC Digital Media Limited products, services or special offers that you may be interested in. If local law requires it, we will ask for prior consent to transfer your personal data outside of your geographic region.
If you do not want us to send you personalised offers or information, you can let us know by checking the appropriate box on the registration form or by selecting “opt-out” on emails you receive.
Where local law requires it, we will ask you to “opt-in” or affirmatively consent to the processing of your personal data. For example, where local law so requires, we will only send you newsletters if you have subscribed to them. Similarly, where local law so requires, we will ask you to “opt-in” before using sophisticated profiling techniques.
Because ESC Digital Media Limited provides services in hundreds of countries, you may have previously provided us with your personal data through reply cards, via our call centre or in some other manner. Your decision not to register now will not affect the personal data you have already provided to ESC Digital Media Limited. Of course, you will always have the option to unsubscribe from any targeted communication from ESC Digital Media Limited or change your personal profile information.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
ESC Digital Media Limited takes privacy and security very seriously, and strives to put our website users first in all aspects of our business. ESC Digital Media Limited utilises cookies to help you to get the most out of the ESC Digital Media Limited Pages.
Please be aware that ESC Digital Media Limited currently does not make use of a technical solution that would enable us to respond to your browser’s ‘Do Not Track’ signals. In order to manage your cookie preferences, however, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of our website(s) will not work.
You can find further information on how to alter your cookie settings for the browser that you use from the following list:
On the ESC Digital Media Limited pages, Flash cookies may also be used. Flash cookies may be removed by managing your Flash Player settings. Depending on the version of the browser and/or media player you use, you may be able to manage Flash cookies with your browser. You may manage Flash Cookies by visiting the Adobe website. Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you.
When you participate in various social media forums like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc, you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the personal data in your social media profile(s).
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or in combination with your settings on the ESC Digital Media Limited pages), certain personal data may be shared with Videotree about your online activities and social media profiles (example; interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments and content you have posted/shared etc.).
LINKING TO OTHER WEBSITES
During your online journey across ESC Digital Media Limited websites, you may encounter links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from ESC Digital Media Limited , and may have their own privacy notices/policies, statements or policies.
We strongly suggest that you review them to understand how your personal data may be processed in connection with those sites, as we are not responsible for the content of non-ESC Digital Media Limited-owned or managed sites, or the use or privacy practices of those sites.
ESC Digital Media Limited may store your personal data in a cloud. This means that your personal data may be processed on behalf of ESC Digital Media Limited by a cloud service provider and could be stored in different locations around the world.
ESC Digital Media Limited makes use of organisational and contractual measures to protect your personal data and to impose similar, but in no way less restrictive, requirements on our cloud services providers, including requirements that your personal data be processed exclusively for the purposes mentioned above.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We recognise and take seriously our responsibility to protect the personal data you entrust to ESC Digital Media Limited from loss, misuse or unauthorised access. ESC Digital Media Limited uses a variety of security technologies and organisational procedures to help protect your personal data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls, secure servers and we encrypt certain types of data, such as financial information and other sensitive data
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR PATEINTS
While ESC Digital Media Limited websites are not generally targeted at children under the age of 16, it is ESC Digital Media Limited policy to comply with the law when it requires parent or guardian permission before children’s information is collected, used or disclosed.
ESC Digital Media Limited strongly recommends that parents take an active role in supervising the online activities of their children. If you believe we have collected personal data from a person who is under the age of 16, please contact us at; email@example.com